Kubos is a startup building the first end-to-end software platform for the satellite industry. Our offerings include KubOS, our open-source, Linux-based, flight software framework designed for rapid and modern satellite software development, and Major Tom, our web-based and on premises ground control software. We are looking for a part-time, contracted DevOps Engineer to extend and harden our cloud-based and on premises Kubernetes platforms and (ideally, rarely) to provide on-call support.
This is a remote, 10-15hr/week contracted position.
- Help maintain, secure, and upgrade our cloud-based Major Tom deployments (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Rails, Redis, PostgreSQL).
- Understand and help maintain our on premises installation software for Major Tom (based on Replicated and using Kubernetes).
- Be available on-call to assist with customer-facing deployment issues (this time commitment is currently minimal).
- Expenses-paid travel for occasional team meetings at Kubos' Texas headquarters.
- Due to export control restrictions, U.S. Citizenship or green card status is required
- Experience with all of the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Priority given to applicants with experience in:
- Ruby & Rails
- Maintaining PostgreSQL, Redis, and Rails applications
- Time series databases
- Infrastructure security
- Bring open source and modern software development to the space industry while using web technologies we know and love. The infrastructure you work on will be used to control satellites around the world.
- Remote-first culture. The Major Tom engineering team is 100% remote, and the rest of the company works remotely much of the time.
- Get involved with a small startup working on big things. With fewer than 10 employees and contractors, everyone at Kubos has an outsized impact on the product and company.